tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 5.5.14 or retag 5.5.13
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:25:27 GMT
Hi,

> Installer has an task for downloading binaries, so, since it poinits
> to the old version it would be downloaded.
> The second is that the tomcat-native.tar.gz is also downloaded
> during build, so again the old version is used, and the user
> must use the version from SVN if he wish that connector is working.

OK.  So let's say you build and tag native 1.1.1, update tomcat.nsi
and build.xml as needed tonight.  Then I tag and cut 5.5.14 tomorrow.
We'd be all set for now, right?

Is there a way we can prevent this from happening in the future, by
somehow loosening the version number linkup or making it configurable
in some way that's easy for the user to change?

--
Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow