tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Rasmus - Camp Online" <ras...@camp-online.dk>
Subject RE: TC 5.5.12 WARNING: A docBase XXX inside the host appBase has been specified, and will be ignored
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:05:18 GMT
Does anyone know how to unsbubscribe from this list? I have sent 20 mails to  dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org,
but nothing helps!

-----Original Message-----
From: Remy Maucherat [mailto:remm@apache.org]
Sent: 20. december 2005 22:41
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: Re: TC 5.5.12 WARNING: A docBase XXX inside the host appBase has been specified,
and will be ignored

Yoav Shapira wrote:
> If they explain their desired functionality exactly, we can certainly
> discuss it further.  I still wouldn't call it a bug because it's
> functioning as designed for 5.5 (as noted previously, this is slightly
> different from 5.0).

The point was to remove redundant information to make the deployer reasonably robust. People
can develop a new deployer (and associated manager webapp) with more capabilities if they
want to, but I am -1 for touching the behavior of the current one in this area, since it will
cause it to revert to broken 5.0.x behavior.

Rémy