tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 plans (JSP 2.1)
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:01:32 GMT
On 12/22/05, Remy Maucherat <remm@apache.org> wrote:
> Costin Manolache wrote:
> > I understand this doesn't help for JBoss - but tomcat != jboss.
>
> I don't see the need for refactorings, and that's my *personal* opinion.

That's my opinion as well - if by refactoring you mean major code changes.

Are you saying that jboss modularity is a bad thing ? Or we shouldn't
do the same thing because it's already done in jboss ? Or it's not
worth having it, and it's better to stick with the monolithic approach
?

> > It's funny that JBoss does have most of this capability already - so I
> > understand Remy not wanting to reinvent the wheel :-), but I don't
> > think he can deny that this is a good thing to have.
>
> Very funny. Who implemented hot deployment in Tomcat ?

Thanks for that, but why stop there ? :-)

Costin