tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TC 5.5.12 WARNING: A docBase XXX inside the host appBase has been specified, and will be ignored
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:40:59 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> If they explain their desired functionality exactly, we can certainly
> discuss it further.  I still wouldn't call it a bug because it's
> functioning as designed for 5.5 (as noted previously, this is slightly
> different from 5.0).

The point was to remove redundant information to make the deployer
reasonably robust. People can develop a new deployer (and associated
manager webapp) with more capabilities if they want to, but I am -1 for
touching the behavior of the current one in this area, since it will
cause it to revert to broken 5.0.x behavior.

Rémy