tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Tomcat 6 plans (JSP 2.1)
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:31:46 GMT
Hi,

Besides adding support for Servlet 2.5 which does not seem too
overwhelming, most of the specification work is on support of JSP 2.1. I
am happy to report that Jacob Hookom is willing to contribute code to
add the necessary JSP support in Tomcat (he has done such an
implementation already, and owns the copyright on that code). To host
the code, a new branch is going to be needed for Jasper (as well as a
new folder in servletapi).

For testing the implementation, Jacob is going to need access to the JSP
2.1 TCK (I suppose he'll need to be a committer to do that, but it
should be ok by then).

Comments ?

Rémy