tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Novotny <novo...@aei.mpg.de>
Subject Re: TC 5.5.12 WARNING: A docBase XXX inside the host appBase has been specified, and will be ignored
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:11:36 GMT

Hi Yoav and Chuck,

    Thanks for your help. I have taken out the Logger element and I
still get the same error. Let me explain better what I'm trying to do
and maybe you can suggest the correct configuration.

    Our portal is deployed to Tomcat as well as a context fragment,
gridsphere.xml to the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/ directory.
The context now looks like:

<Context path="/gridsphere" docBase="gridsphere" debug="0"
reloadable="false" crossContext="true"/>

    If they access http://localhost:8080/gridsphere it all works fine.

However, what instructions can I give our users if they wish to change
the URL to be something like

http://localhost:8080/portal

I don't want them to have to rename the actual deployed web application
WAR file or directory. Thats what I thought the path and docBase were
used for.

    Thanks very much, Jason