tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: JMXProxyServlet
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:33:13 GMT
And JMX has to be one of the easier technologies to pick up as far as
I'm concerned.

The hard part is deciding which route to take: standard MBeans, modeled,
open, dynamic, etc.  Tomcat has clearly decided to go with modeled via
commons-modeler, which is fine.  For my own purposes I stick with
subclassing StandardMBean as this gives standard MBean behavior plus
dynamic and open MBean behaviors as you need them.

I assume JMXProxyServlet only proxies MBeans in the Tomcat VM, right?  I
ask as I have a JMXProxyServlet that proxies JSR 160 connections over
HTTP as a custom JSR 160 protocol -- but this looks much, much different.

--
Jess Holle