tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Who is working on the ISAPI connector code?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:07:08 GMT
In IIS 6, you also have to run in IIS 5 compatibility isolation mode.

I have no love for IIS myself but we also have customers that have some
inexplicable emotional attachment to it.  Is it just NTLM?  In which
case someone should shove mod_auth_sspi into Apache and be done.  If
not, what's the fascination with IIS?  In our case our application is
purely Java, so in direct conjunction with it ASP, .Net, etc, are of no
benefit whatsoever.

It would be helpful if either: (1) all remaining rational reasons for
using IIS (e.g. NTLM) were answered by Apache or (2) the IIS/Tomcat
connector was not the ugly step child that no one wanted.

--
Jess Holle