tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <>
Subject Re: Release 5.5.14 or retag 5.5.13
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:38:19 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,
>>Installer has an task for downloading binaries, so, since it poinits
>>to the old version it would be downloaded.
>>The second is that the tomcat-native.tar.gz is also downloaded
>>during build, so again the old version is used, and the user
>>must use the version from SVN if he wish that connector is working.
> OK.  So let's say you build and tag native 1.1.1, update tomcat.nsi
> and build.xml as needed tonight.  Then I tag and cut 5.5.14 tomorrow.
> We'd be all set for now, right?

> Is there a way we can prevent this from happening in the future, by
> somehow loosening the version number linkup or making it configurable
> in some way that's easy for the user to change?

We should be more careful in the future when there is a version bump,
like for any other external component.
It is my fault because I should update build.xml and .nsi when new
API was added. In that case the build would fail instead creating a
wrong one.

For win32, the .dll's in 1.1.0 are actually the one from 1.1.1, but the
sources are wrong, so the unix build fails unless used from SVN.

I'll update all that later this evening, so we can retag
the 5.5.13/5.5.14 tomorrow. OK?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message