tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 5.5.14 or retag 5.5.13
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:08:35 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:

> This is probably a dumb question, but I'll ask anyways.  Why isn't
> this as simple as a user who downloaded 5.5.13 already going to
> download the updated connectors/APR and plugging that in?  Why does it
> have to be integrated into the release of Tomcat itself, especially
> since it's an optional dependency?

Installer has an task for downloading binaries, so, since it poinits
to the old version it would be downloaded.
The second is that the tomcat-native.tar.gz is also downloaded
during build, so again the old version is used, and the user
must use the version from SVN if he wish that connector is working.

Regards,
Mladen.