tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] APR or NIO ? (was:Re: Any other functionality missing from Tomcat 5.5.12 that relies on JSDK 5.0?)
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:00:16 GMT
On 11/19/05, Yoav Shapira <yoavs@apache.org> wrote:

> On a related note, we can add a server-highperformance.xml configuration file
> that ships with Tomcat, and uses APR and whatever else we can think of to
> increase perfdormance out of the box.  This is similar to the multiple
> httpd-XXX.conf files that ship with the HTTP web server.

That brings up another issue - you only have to have the .so file in
your path and the
current httpd.conf will pick it up and magically use APR. Having a
clear option 'use apr'
or a clear apr connector is IMO a cleaner solution, and can avoid some
headaches ( I had
problems with debugging inside eclipse when the .so was loaded, etc )

Costin