tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r331062 - in /tomcat/sandbox/java/org/apache/coyote: ./ adapters/ standalone/
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:17:10 GMT
My understanding is that tomcat can't _distribute_ code that isn't
apache license compatible,
and  we shouldn't depend on such code to compile or run a functional tomcat.

Talking about agendas :-), I think that any code that is not required
to have a working servlet container should be in a separate add-on
module. SSL modules are excelent examples. Actually, a lot of the
things that are in the normal tomcat distro would be make good add-on
modules. Firefox is a good example.

Costin

(unencrypted) e-mail.