tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rewrite features
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:30:21 GMT
On 11/3/05, Bill Barker <wbarker@wilshire.com> wrote:
> It probably doesn't matter (since nobody uses it :), but using ThreadLocal
> won't work with the Nio/AJP Connector.  That one doesn't bind a Request
> instance to a Thread instance, so a particular Request instance will process
> on many different Threads during its lifecycle.

Does the spec say anything about the thread model when executing a
servlet ? ( too lazy to search, I know some people on the list have
memorized the spec already :-)

I'm not sure how this happens - I tought that the request is bound to
a thread during service() execution, and kept-alive connections are no
longer bound. How do we unbind the service() from the thread ???

Costin

> The alternative (which, IMHO looks nicer) is to use (Coyote)Request Notes
> instead of ThreadLocal.

recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are
not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then
delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

> In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the Internet
(unencrypted) e-mail.