tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Rewrite features
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 09:16:32 GMT
Hi,

There is a lesser-known but very good rewrite project written as a j2ee filter available at

http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

Ready for use with web apps using context listeners to load rules and so fourth.

I won't pretend to know about performance implications or why it's better to achieve rewrite
at the server core, but I imagine handling this at first opportunity rather than having a
web application handle it may be more optimal.

Allistair.

Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow
MIT Sloan School of Management