tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: SVN oddities with "current" link
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:26:31 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> Container, jasper and build are a good start. I think connectors
> should be included too.
> Servletapi is obviously different, and even in the current build it's
> downloaded as a jar AFAIK.
> You can still have separate releases and release cycles for different
> components - even if they
> reside in the same SVN tree ( or even same java/ source tree ). As we
> learned, labels are cheap,
> so there's no problem if you release and label different things.
> I hope more components could follow the 'separate release' model -
> /admin and most webapps,
> many other things that could be modules. At least in 6.x timeframe.

Yes, I can testify it's easier to work with, and it only took me a few
minutes to put together (warning: it's APR only, JNDI is removed, etc,
so a full Tomcat repository has to be more complex to build), the setup
in Eclipse only takes a few minutes, and building is faster (no webapps,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message