tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] APR or NIO ?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:23:18 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> I hope you are not serious... Sorry if I sounded too critical of the
> APR code - it is a great
> piece of code in many ways, I just didn't like some (probably minor) things.

Ok, but it helped make me realize I should maintain my own tree anyway,
since my plans are a bit opposed to your refactoring. Also, I have
medium term requirements which most likely are going to not fit with
what Tomcat needs :(

> If you have a problem with 'refactoring' - right now it is in sandbox,
> and I can as well
> change the package name and make it a completely separate connector.
> And I'm in no hurry to
> check anything in the main branch - the sandbox is prefect for me, so
> no need to worry about this.

Yes, I guess I shouldn't complain too much about code which is being
designed in the sandbox, sorry about that :)

 > I don't like 'alghoritms that behave in sublty different ways', or
 > duplicating extremely complex
 > classes just for 3-4 lines of code that is different. I know it is
 > simpler to write and probably maintain the code ( for people who wrote
 > it ), but not easier to understand for me.

Yes, I understand that, but for me the algorithm is already a bit
complex since, although it looks similar, the process method is
completely different. Hopefully, it has no bugs right now !

Rémy