tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r349085 - /tomcat/sandbox/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/NioEndpoint.java
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 07:00:10 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <costin@apache.org>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 9:43 PM
Subject: svn commit: r349085 -
/tomcat/sandbox/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/NioEndpoint.java

> Author: costin
> Date: Fri Nov 25 21:43:33 2005
> New Revision: 349085

> Log:
> The nio endpoint. Uses the thread pool. Only accept is implemented - the
> polling of keep alive needs merging some code in the http11protocol.

Yup, it's still too incomplete to evaluate.  However from my work with
NIO/AJP, using blocking sockets after the accept will totally s*ck in
performance with NIO.  Unless you come up with something totally brilliant
:), I still agree with JFA that non-blocking sockets is the only way to go
with NIO.

of this message and any attachments.

(unencrypted) e-mail.