tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <>
Subject Re: Is the JSSE15SocketFactory class missing from the standard tomcat 5.5.12 binary distribution?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 02:11:48 GMT
I believe that Yoav creates the binary distro with a 1.4 JVM, so the
15SocketFactory is excluded.

You need to compile at least JSSE15*.java.  However it's probably easier to
just build all of j-t-c/util.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Keats" <>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 2:45 PM
Subject: Is the JSSE15SocketFactory class missing from the standard tomcat
5.5.12 binary distribution?

 I am trying to track down an issue with the lack of CRL support in tomcat
5.5.12. I turned on logging in and low and behold, the
debug log on line 57 generated a ClassNotFoundException when trying to load
JSSE15SocketFactory. However, it was able to load the JSSE14SocketFactory
(which is in the same directory/classpath). Since it was able to load the
JSSE14SocketFactory, I assume this is not a class path issue.
 We are using tomcat 5.5.12 with JAVA 1.5.0_05.
 I checked the source distribution and the class is there. Is
JSSE15SocketFactory class not part of the standard binary distribution? Is
there a different JAR file I have to use? Is there a configuation option I
need? Do I need to rebuild the source using JAVA 1.5?

of this message and any attachments.

(unencrypted) e-mail.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: