tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Gaunt" <SGa...@emeraldinsight.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat fails to service requests after period of time
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:31:23 GMT
HI,

Has anyone else had any issue using mod_jk under heavy load..

It seems after a period of time(or large no. opf requests) under heavy load AJP connetor just
hangs.  It's crazy.
All the ajp connections seem to be hanging in service mode, and the only way to recover this
is to restart tomcat. I'm really stuck with this.
Has anyone got success stories with jk2(mod)jk) under heavey load.  Around 1/2-1 million hits/day.

Steve

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Steve Gaunt
	Sent: Wed 19/10/2005 18:51
	To: Tomcat Developers List; Tomcat Developers List
	Subject: Tomcat fails to service requests after period of time

	HI,

	Please, can any one help.  I've googled but to no success.

	There seems also to be a problem in mod_jk , tomcat5, the  jap connections build up slowly
over the day.
	The problem seems to be that the connection via mod_jk (Port 8009) does
	not close, so the java/tomcat processes
	will not quit after responding to the request (or the other way
	around?). This problem occurs only in
	heavy load situations. After that I see many open socket connections an
	some tomcat processes that will not quit.

	Has any one suffered a similar problem??

	these are the worker.property settings

	worker.insight.port=8009
	worker.insight.type=ajp13
	worker.insight.cachesize=200

	# worker.insight.cache_timeout=60
	# worker.insight.recycle_timeout=60
	worker.insight.socket_keepalive=1
	worker.insight.socket_timeout=60

	# if the "retries" value is greater than three,
	# there will be a pause of 100 ms between each retry
	# so this would be a good value if your average response
	# time is 1.7 seconds:
	worker.insight.retries=20

	Property for tomcat

	<Connector port="8009" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
	enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0" minProcessors="75"
	maxProcessors="200" protocol="AJP/1.3"/>

	Steve