tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lamprecht <clampre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status/Authority of AJP/1.5
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:10:57 GMT
> If you told me it's impossible to add a REQUEST mapper (ie JkMount)
> dynamically to a running Apache 2.0, I say amen and we'll wait for
> HTTPD team to allow that.

You can do this with version 1.2.14 (maybe older versions as well) by
using a JkMountFile instead of JkMount directives.  The JkMountFile
file is re-read every 60 seconds or so, and made live with no restart.

> But something we could do allready is to add/remove a tomcat from a lb worker ?

Yes, this currently requires at apache restart or at least an apache
"graceful" restart.  However, you can dynamically (during runtime) add
and remove _existing_ tomcat workers from a load balancer, using the
JkStatus status worker page.

-Chris