tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com>
Subject common/lib jars and classpath
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:48:07 GMT
Hello,

I have a really bizarre problem -- I have a JAAS login module
configured via a JAASRealm in the server.xml file, and this login
module relies on mail.jar (JavaMail API). I have placed the mail.jar
and required activation.jar, and my login module jar in the common/
lib directory. In Tomcat 5.0.28, all resources are found, and
authentication works fine. But in Tomcat 5.5.28 (and keep in mind I'm
using the Java 1.4 compatibility kit), my login module is found, and
invoked properly, but I'm experiencing a "NoSuchProviderException"
for the resource "imap" which comes from javamail.providers file that
comes from a  mail.jar. Now oddly, unless it is being loaded
elsewhere by default by Tomcat (which I'm not aware of), the mail.jar
must be getting found, because I'm able to propertly resolve some of
the javax.mail classes I'm using in my login module -- lines of code
that execute properly prior to the line of code that's throwing the
Exception.

I'm sure this must be something simple, and probably not related
specifically to the mail API, but probably just Tomcat classloading
in general. Is there anything regardling classloading and/or
classpath and/or resource loading that anyone knows that has changed
from Tomcat 5.0.28 to 5.5.12?

Help!

Thanks,

Brad