tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] 5.5.12 Stability
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:53:20 GMT
I have one of my weired bugs Remy and it affects 5.5.9+.

I've mentioned it before about auto deployment of WARs. This time I am working out as best
I can the "critical failure point", but essentially a valid WAR is not being deployed and
it appears to be linked to the number of JARs in the lib folder (in this case 20MB) and a
web.xml that contains custom context listeners. On auto deploy the error yields "web.xml cannot
be found" which is false. Depending on how many JARs I delete from the LIB folder, the WAR
explodes or does not with the error.

I will have a bug report that explains in more detail the process I have gone through.

Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474