tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: Fwd: FarmWarDeployer
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:27:33 GMT
Hey!

At development with Tomcat 5.5.9 and 5.5.12 I have successful used
FarmWarDeployer, but
    -   you lost your complete session information at your cluster
    -   Use it without waitForAck or with a great ackTimeout ( >
deployment time)
    -   only one config can have watchEnabled="true"
    -   directories must be writeable ( tempDir, deploydir, watchDir)

             <Deployer
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
                      tempDir="${catalina.base}/cluster/temp"
                      deployDir="${catalina.base}/webapps"
                      watchDir="${catalina.base}/cluster/watch"
                      watchEnabled="@node.watchEnabled@"
                      processDeployFrequency="2"/>

At production sites I shutdown all tomcat nodes, copy the new war files
and start all nodes again.
Don't start next node before other node is complete up.

regards
Peter