tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: JSP Precompilation vs. JSR-45 Debugging]
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:36:57 GMT
Not to reply to my own e-mail but after reading the sources this would
appear to be squarely a Tomcat developer issue.

JspC.isSmapSuppressed() always returns true -- affording no opportunity
to precompile while still generating JSR-45 debug info.

While that's a great default for production, I for one would really like
the ability to set this to false in development so I can precompile
*and* do JSP source level debugging.

Thoughts?  [Or is this already in 5.5.12?  I'm still at 5.5.9.]

--
Jess Holle