tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sandbox ?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:24:14 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> Thanks !
>
> I'll add few things I've worked on in the past - if people don't mind,
> I'll create a sandbox/java and put everything in one tree, ant and
> IDEs are smart enough to exclude/include different packages.
>
> Let me know if any of this seems wrong:
> - a smaller commons-logging impl, without any discovery tricks ( for runtime )

Another option is to rewrite using a robust platform (I favor
java.util.logging). I don't know if that's really a possibility, though,
as I didn't ask my boss about it ;)

> - attempt to refactor util.buf to use ByteBuffers

And CharBuffer, I hope. So you'll be extending (ByteChunk extends
ByteBuffer) ?

I'd like to add BufferedReader features to CharChunk (marking and
readLine, as implementing these without owning the buffer is both hard
and inefficient).

> - coyote standalone
> - a small demo for coyote standalone, using a rhino adapter.
> - some additions to coyote - to make it a bit easier to use in standalone mode.

I have plans to use it to implement a coyote provider for JBoss
remoting. This would be a good use case for your stuff.

Rémy