tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New repository org
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:53:11 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,
> When a new release is cut, e.g. v5.5.13, would SVN links need to be updated so
> current downloads v5.5.13?  Is there a script for that?
>
> Yoav

My intention is that current will point to trunk (HEAD in CVS terms)
as it does in struts.

The first attempt for 5.5.x is done. A browser view of
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/current/5.5.x will show an
empty directory but if you check it out you should get the complete
set for the latest 5.5.x code.

I should be able to add a target to ant that adds a similar shortcut
for a given release. Thinking about it, I should be able to script
creating the tags for the release as part of the same target.

Just to give everyone a heads up, I will be out of circulation for 3
weeks from this weekend. I am off to Las Vegas to get married and then
New England for my honeymoon. I'll do what I can before I go but I
need to finish packing ;)

Mark