tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New repository org
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:04:43 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> It occurs to me that I may have misunderstood, and you were just talking
> about setting up the svn:externals for tomcat/current.  If that's the case,
> then +0 (I don't really care, but I'm glad that somebody does :).

svn:externals sounds like a cool feature, I guess I'll have to look it
up to know what it does.

Mark Thomas wrote:
 > If by this you mean do a checkout of
 > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/build/tc5.5.x to a directory
 > called build in the build scripts then +1. If it involves any form of
 > svn move -1 since I don't understand what you are planning to move to
 > where and I have concerns about complications that might be created for
 > checkouts, future branches and future tags.

No, I don't want to do any change to the repository. The problem is that
svn isn't like CVS, so someone (like me, I tried it) which would
checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat would be in trouble. It
would be better to organize the developer environment. Right now, it
organizes things using jakarta-tomcat-5, and all the other jakarta folders.

CVS was simpler ...

Rémy