tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Yoav Shapira <>
Subject Re: Tomcat Snapshots
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:37:35 GMT
I'm curious about the importance of nightly snapshots: who uses them?  We have
a nightly source tarball already available at, so this seems
redundant.   If neither you (Henri) nor I knew about it in the years we've been
involved, it's probably not being used by too many people ;)

> jakarta-tomcat jakarta-tomcat-4.0 jakarta-tomcat-5
> jakarta-tomcat-catalina jakarta-tomcat-jasper
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors jakarta-tools jakarta-watchdog
> jakarta-servletapi jakarta-servletapi-4 jakarta-servletapi-5
> jakarta-watchdog-4.0
> I need to identify the svn match to each one of those to continue the
> snapshots going. ie)
> jakarta-tomcat-tools  =>  tomcat/archive/tools/trunk/
> Though I imagine something in archive/ isn't a candidate for snapshotting.
> Could you let me know which parts of the tomcat svn directory you'd
> like me to set snapshotting up for?

Right now I'd say none, as it seems unnecessary.  For the archived ones
(jakarta-tomcat-tools and jakarta-watchdog-*), we don't need any snapshots.
But maybe I'm missing something.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message