tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Whittington" <Tim.Whitting...@orionhealth.com>
Subject RE: compiling Jakarta Redirector dll on x64 Windows
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 01:46:12 GMT
I'm assuming you're referring to EM64T/AMD64 here - IA64 is the Itanium 2 architecture.

You basically need the Platform SDK + the Microsoft C++ Compiler - any Visual Studio will
give you both of these things (+ a nice IDE).

For Windows/x86 you can use a recent Platform SDK (free download from MS) and the Microsoft
Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 (also free) or VS 6/.Net 2000/.Net 2003.
The Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition beta also works (you still need the Platform SDK).

VC2005 EE looks like your only bet unless you've got access to an x86_64 Visual Studio - it's
not clear from the download page though whether it will run/build on 64bit Windows.

tim

________________________________

From: Victor Star [mailto:tomcat@victorstar.com]
Sent: Fri 14/10/2005 16:37
To: dev@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: compiling Jakarta Redirector dll on x64 Windows

Hi guys,

I've got a Windows 2003 Server x64 edition, running on x64 Intel CPU.
It turns out that isapi_redirector.dll is not compiled against this platform.
Regular 32-bit version of the dll doesn't work with 64-bit IIS and AMD64 build that I was
able to
find doesn't run on Intel.
Now I was wondering if anyone had a chance to compile the mentioned dll on the Intel 64 under
Windows?
Or if not I might try doing it myself, but I'll need your help guys.
Since I'm Java developer I'm not really familiar with Visual Studio (I've seen in sources
there is a
VS project there for the dll).
As far as I understand one has to run Visual Studio on the IA64 machine to get it compiled
right?
In other words it's not possible to compile it on regular 32-bit windows to get Intel 64-bit
code,
correct?
Now, which VS will I need? 6? 2003 .NET? 2005? I've seen Platform SDK was mentioned in few
places.
Would I need that as well?
I'd appreciate some step-by-step instructions on what to do to get it compiled under IA64
Windows
Server 2003.

Thanks!

--