tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Small refactoring in Http11Processor
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2005 04:31:31 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> [...]

True, it allows a smaller package. TC3.3 and 4.1 don't register the
connector, so no JMX-related code is called, but it still requires
jmx.jar to be around.

> Something better would be a refactor that would remove the duplicated code
> between Http11Processor and Http11AprProcessor (which one doesn't do :).

Yes, I've been thinking about this too :-), and also InternalAprBuffer
and maybe add conditional compilation for the apr. But I didn't want to
make the diff too big and risky.

> Of course, none of this is enough for me to veto your scratching an itch :).
>

>>Also, I would like to add another directory under j-t-c, with a build
>>file and few classes for a 'mini' experiment - i.e. using the connector
>>standalone, as a minimal http server, and also a target to build a
>>minimal servlet container as a single self-contained jar. We don't have
>>a sandbox, and j-t-c seems closest to that :-)
>>

> I agree with Mladen that this would work better if you could wait a couple
> of weeks until we are up on SVN.

Ok, sounds good, I need to clean up the code anyway ( well, there are
2-3 classes only and some build.xml ).

Costin