tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Top Level Project? Time for Top Level Lists?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 05:23:32 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
>> So I, for one, would be most appreciative of splitting the traffic; I
>> already do split it in my email client, but I think this would be a
>> help to many participants.  [Especially if, for example, you want the
>> dev@ traffic to go to a higher priority email account, and have the
>> commits/issues type traffic hit your lower priority account.]
>

> Of course, but also fewer people will care about bug reports.

I doubt that filling the inbox with the bug reports or commit messages
will make anyone care more ( or make anyone read them when they don't
want to ) :-) It seems most people use filters anyway, and those who
don't ( like using gmane or a web-based interface ) just suffer the
noise, but still ignore the bugs/commits they don't care about.

I would really appreciate splitting them - I try to read tomcat-dev as
much as possible, but web-based interfaces ( like gmane's RSS view or
the html viewer ) are almost useless due to the noise, and filtering the
news is not easy either.

Costin