tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS->SVN Schedule
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:53:27 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any update on the schedule?
> I have couple of fixes, commits, etc, but
> IIUC the transition should happen last weekend,
> so I've postpone all that, but it seems that CVS is
> still operational.
>
> Can somebody make a firm statement on the timings?
> 1. Until when (Date:Hour:Minute) commits could be done
> 2. Wen the CVS will be locked for commit (same format)

No, as we are dependent on infrastructure resource to do this.

1 & 2 will be the same time.

The current position is:
- we can continue to use CVS
- infrastructure will notify us via tomcat-dev when the migration is
planned to take place
- the first step in the migration will be to lock CVS

My advice is to continue to commit to CVS until we find out when the
migration will take place. Once we have a time for the migration this
gives us our deadline to work to for completing any remaining changes
and committing them. Personally, I intend to have any outstanding
commits completed well before this time.

See the JIRA issue for the full detail
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-562).

Mark