tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/loader WebappClassLoader.java
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:12:29 GMT
jfarcand@apache.org wrote:
>   +        /*
>   +         * Clear the IntrospectionUtils cache.
>   +         *
>   +         * Implementation note:
>   +         * Any reference to IntrospectionUtils which may cause the static
>   +         * initalizer of that class to be invoked must occur prior to setting
>   +         * the started flag to FALSE, because the static initializer of
>   +         * IntrospectionUtils makes a call to
>   +         * org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(), which ultimately
>   +         * calls the loadClass() method of the thread context classloader,
>   +         * which is the same as this classloader, whose impl throws a
>   +         * ThreadDeath if the started flag has been set to FALSE.
>   +        IntrospectionUtils.clear();
>   +

This commit does not make sense to me. The static initializer is called
when loading the class, and obviously the webapp CL is not going to load
IntrospectionUtils.

You should forget that the CVS exists, as we're in the middle of
migrating to SVN (of course, losing that commit will not be a problem).

Rémy