tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is correct for workers.properties.minimal
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:23:45 GMT
David Thielen wrote:
> Hi;
>
> First, what use is the load balancing if I have just one server running one
> instance of Tomcat? Does it load balance within that one instance?
>
> Second, what is jkstatus for?

Jkstatus is used for displaying and managing load balancers and load
balancer members.
Since it can manage only the workers that are members of load balancer
that simple configuration has been made as an example.

If there is a single worker as member of load balancer the performance
will be the same, because in that case the entire lb election phases
are simply skipped. Of course you have the option to manage your
worker at runtime.

Regards,
Mladen.