tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Knowles <>
Subject Re: Problems Parsing Request Paramers
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:03:41 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:

>Could it be the referer URL is too long, causing the query string to be ignored
>or dropped?  There's a limit (2048 characters, I think?) on GET requests in
>some browsers.  But actually, you're seeing this on the server, so I'm not
>sure.  Can you try testing with less parameters or an otherwise shorter query
I've seen this sort of thing too, but I thought it was 255 chars. From
RFC2616 section 3.2.1:

"Note: Servers ought to be cautious about depending on URI lengths above
255 bytes, because some older client or proxy implementations might not
properly support these lengths. "

Not quite set in stone, but a good general hint to avoid long URLs.

Servlet v2.4 container in a single 155KB jar file ? Try Winstone (

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message