tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject precompile failure for jsr152 examples
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:31:08 GMT
With the new tag plugins patch, precompiling the jsp examples fails.

The root cause seems to be jsr152/examples/WEB-INF/tagPlugins.xml has the old
classes.

When I removed the file - everything compiled fine.
When I updated jsr152/examples/WEB-INF/tagPlugins.xml with the tagPlugins.xml
from
jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/tagplugins/jstl/tagPlugins.xml
I get weird compile errors:

/home/funkman/src/TOMCAT5/buildtc5/jakarta-tomcat-5/build.xml:832: The
following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/funkman/src/TOMCAT5/buildtc5/jakarta-tomcat-5/build.xml:426:

Generated servlet error:
pageContext cannot be resolved

I guess at a minimum, jsr152/examples/WEB-INF/tagPlugins.xml needs fixed by
removing it or fixing it with the correct classes but I think that requires
someone with jsr152 karma.

I didn't have time to look into the cause of
Generated servlet error:
pageContext cannot be resolved

Thoughts?

-Tim