tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Final phase of SVN migration - the plan
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:16:11 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Do we do a new Tomcat 5.0.12 build (which will be voted on this time)
> before the migration ? We'll have to change build scripts after that,
> and I also would have to change the way I work with the repository,
> which could introduce problems.

Based on experience with Tomcat 4, this isn't anywhere near as painful
as I first feared. A careful checkout from svn where you use the same
directory names as you got with CVS should allow you to do a build
without changing any of the scripts. Of course, you will need to
manually update each module until we fix the build script to checkout
from SVN.

Mark