tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Final phase of SVN migration - the plan
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:12:07 GMT
All,

The plan for the last phase is slightly different since these
repositories are in pretty much constant use.

The CVS repos that will be migrated are:
jakarta-tomcat-connectors
jakarta-tomcat-catalina
jakarta-tomcat-5
jakarta-tomcat-jasper

The plan is:
- Submit migration request to infrastructure
- Once the test migration has been done, I'll write a script to do the
necessary restructuring
- Run the script on the test repo
- Announce that the test repo is ready for review
- 48 hours later, assuming that there have been no objections I'll
give the go ahead to infrastructure to do the live migration
- Shortly after this, CVS will be locked, the live SVN migration will
take place (including the restructuring script) and the migration to
SVN will be complete

I know there is a plan to do a JK release this week. If there is a
timing clash, JK takes priority. Just shout and I'll delay giving
infra the go-ahead to do the final migration.

Mark