tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [Vote] (was Re: Top Level Project? Time for Top Level Lists?)
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:22:28 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
> I doubt that filling the inbox with the bug reports or commit messages
> will make anyone care more ( or make anyone read them when they don't
> want to ) :-) It seems most people use filters anyway, and those who
> don't ( like using gmane or a web-based interface ) just suffer the
> noise, but still ignore the bugs/commits they don't care about.
>
> I would really appreciate splitting them - I try to read tomcat-dev as
> much as possible, but web-based interfaces ( like gmane's RSS view or
> the html viewer ) are almost useless due to the noise, and filtering the
> news is not easy either.

Well, my first point was that, as a TLP, the lists should become
@tomcat.apache.org; whatever they become.

But AFA different lists are concerned, is it worth a vote?  I'm going
to abstain, as I'm not on the PMC (IIRC).  But here it is, go ahead and
cast an opinion...

Bugs
  [ ]  forward to dev@tomcat
  [ ]  forward to bugs@tomcat