tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Commit 1.153 on jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/apache-2.0/mod_jk.c
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:34:17 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> Mladen (and everyone) ... could you please provide more descriptive
>>> commit log messages?  At least, one sentence of what the commit fixes?
>>> This one wasn't too helpful, and wastes extra time reviewing commits.
>>
>> Very funny. It even links the bug report, the diff is 3 chars long,
>> and even I can understand it.
>

> Meaning I aught to delve every bug report, every diff, every time I try
> to read the cvs commit log of 24 months of activity?  Get real :)

Let me rephrase :)  I've been digging since Sunday a.m. through about
270 commits from 5 projects, across dozens and dozens of files, looking
for various issues and edge cases.  Yes, for pure review of a single
case, the bug #'s have been extraordinarily helpful!  But in terms of
seeing net changes on some files I'm looking at, without even a mention
such as

   Fix JKMountCopy directive.

is a huge waste of otherwise productive time :)

Bill