tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Brading <gun...@astrogator.se>
Subject Cygwin and $CATALINA_HOME/bin/setclasspath.sh
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:01:04 GMT
When installing the tar-version of 5.5.11, an dusing Cygwin, I get a
problem with the execution of setclasspath.sh. It uses test ([) to
verify that it
can find itself as an executable at $BASEDIR/bin. I then got the error
that BASEDIR was not set correctly. That seems to be due to the fact
that seems to have this idea that no files are executable unless they
either are DLL's, EXE's or start with #!.

I added #!/bin/sh to the beginning of setclasspath.sh and the problems
went away. I hope this might be useful.

Cheers,
-- Gunnar

--