tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Top Level Project? Time for Top Level Lists?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 15:17:15 GMT
Folks, as Tomcat is now (IIUC) a TLP, is it time to break apart the
single dumping ground, fondly known as tomcat-dev, into multiple
lists for folks with more targeted issues?  E.g.

   dev@tomcat     - our friend, this list
   commits@tomcat - svn/cvs commits
   issues@tomcat  - bugzilla/jira reports

I bring this up because, for example, I don't monitor the bugzilla noise
as an email stream much, but want to continue to actively monitor cvs
commits, and development chatter.  I can see some users@tomcat types who
would be interested in following issues@tomcat, but who have little to
no interest in watching commits@ fly by.

So I, for one, would be most appreciative of splitting the traffic; I
already do split it in my email client, but I think this would be a
help to many participants.  [Especially if, for example, you want the
dev@ traffic to go to a higher priority email account, and have the
commits/issues type traffic hit your lower priority account.]

Bill