tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Larry Isaacs" <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Problems with tomcat 3.3.2 and IBM JRE 1.3.0
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:39:59 GMT
Eduardo,

The first problem looks like the bug in JDK 1.3.x ResourceBundle
handling (I can't recall the bug number).  I believe to work
around this you should create "classes" directory under your
installation's "lib/common" directory.  Then extract the 
"org/apache/tomcat/util/net/res/LocalStrings.properties" file from
"lib/common/tomcat-util.jar" into the "classes" directory,
preserving the path.  Finally rename the "LocalStrings.properties"
file to "LocalStrings_en_US.properties" ("LocalStrings_en.properties"
might also work).  ResourceBundle should keep searching all the way
back to just "LocalStrings.properties" in this situation, but doesn't.

Your second problem seems to be that the spring framework is expecting
a newer JAXP parser than what is provided by "lib/container/crimson.jar".
You can try a newer parser, but I can't say which versions still run
under JDK 1.3.x.  For info about controlling the parser seen
automatically by contexts, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/serverxml.html#LoaderInterceptor11

HTH

Cheers,
Larry

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Eduardo Piva [mailto:efpiva@gmail.com] 
> Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 7:37 AM
> To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Problems with tomcat 3.3.2 and IBM JRE 1.3.0
> 
> Hello list,
> 
> I'm trying to use tomcat 3.3.2 with JDK 1.3.0. I'm developing 
> an application in Linux/Windows, using SUN JDK 1.3.0 and 
> tomcat 3.3.2 to test everything locally and everything is 
> going fine. This application will run on an AIX 4, and in 
> this machine the only JRE the sysadmins managed to install 
> was IBM JRE 1.3.0:
> 
> 
>  $ java -version
> java version "1.3.0"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 
> 1.3.0) Classic VM (build 1.3.0, J2RE 1.3.0 IBM build 
> ca130-20010330 (JIT
> enabled: jitc))
> 
> 
> I don't know why, but tomcat 3.3.2 doesn't starts in this 
> machine. I need to run the tomcat in this machine, mainly 
> because of internal problems here in the company I'm working to.
> 
> The sysadmin installed tomcat 3.3.1a in this machine, which 
> start's correctly. With this version, my application refuses 
> to start in the AIX. In Linux with JDK 1.3.0, it start's correctly.
> 
> I have two questions:
> 
> 1 - Why jakarta-tomcat 3.3.2 doesn't start's with IBM jdk 
> 1.3.0? Does anyone here managed to do that?
> 2 - Why my application doesn't start in jakarta-tomcat 3.3.1a 
> in IBM jdk 1.3.0?
> 3 - Does anyone here uses AIX 4 and knows another VM than the 
> one supplied by IBM for the AIX? AIX 4 is an old version and 
> IBM does not supply JRE 1.4 neither 1.5 for this version. If 
> anyone know how to use a newer version, please help me. :)
> 
> The logs for both problems 1 and 2 are supplied below:
> 
> For tomcat 3.3.2, here is the log (after this log, there is 
> the log for my application starting in tomcat 3.3.1a):
> $ ./startup
> Using classpath: 
> ./../lib/tomcat.jar:./../lib/common/commons-logging-api.jar
> Using JAVA_HOME: /usr/java130
> Using TOMCAT_HOME: /home/aep022/jakarta-tomcat-3.3.2/
> ERROR reading /home/aep022/jakarta-tomcat-3.3.2/conf/server.xml
> At Line 209 /Server/ContextManager/Http10Connector/ port=8080 
> secure=false maxThreads=100 maxSpareThreads=50 minSpareThreads=10
> java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for 
> base name org.apache.tomcat.util.net.res.LocalStrings, locale en_US
>         at 
> java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(Resourc
> eBundle.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at 
> java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:547)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.res.StringManager.<init>(StringManager.java:78)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.res.StringManager.<init>(StringManager.java:70)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.res.StringManager.getManager(StringMana
> ger.java:249)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.<init>(PoolTcpEndpo
> int.java:58)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.PoolTcpConnector.<init>(PoolT
> cpConnector.java:60)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.<init>(Http
> 10Interceptor.java:68)
>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:254)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.ObjectCreate.start(XmlMapper.java:797)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.matchStart(XmlMapper.java:516)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.startElement(XmlMapper.java:114)
>         at 
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.jav
> a(Compiled
> Code))
>         at 
> org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElem
> ent(XMLValidator.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at 
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XML
> DocumentScanner.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at 
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatch
er.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at 
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDo
> cumentScanner.java:380)
>         at 
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:908)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:334)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.modules.config.ServerXmlReader.loadConfigFil
> e(ServerXmlReader.java:137)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.modules.config.ServerXmlReader.addIntercepto
> r(ServerXmlReader.java:113)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.addInterceptor(ContextMa
> nager.java:393)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.initContextManager(Emb
> ededTomcat.java:613)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.execute1(EmbededTomcat
> .java:791)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat$1.run(EmbededTomcat.java:775)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.Jdk12Support$PrivilegedProxy.run
(Jdk12Support.java:166)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.Jdk12Support.doPrivileged(Jdk12S
> upport.java:76)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.execute(EmbededTomcat.
> java:773)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.IntrospectionUtils.execute(Introspectio
> nUtils.java:52)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main.execute(Main.java:272)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main.main(Main.java:98)
> EmbededTomcat: exception initializing ContextManager
> org.apache.tomcat.core.TomcatException: Root cause - Can't 
> find bundle for base name 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.res.LocalStrings, locale en_US
>         at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.core.TomcatException.<init>(TomcatException.java:41)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.modules.config.ServerXmlReader.loadConfigFil
> e(ServerXmlReader.java:141)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.modules.config.ServerXmlReader.addIntercepto
> r(ServerXmlReader.java:113)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.addInterceptor(ContextMa
> nager.java:393)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.initContextManager(Emb
> ededTomcat.java:613)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.execute1(EmbededTomcat
> .java:791)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat$1.run(EmbededTomcat.java:775)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.Jdk12Support$PrivilegedProxy.run
(Jdk12Support.java:166)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.Jdk12Support.doPrivileged(Jdk12S
> upport.java:76)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.execute(EmbededTomcat.
> java:773)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.IntrospectionUtils.execute(Introspectio
> nUtils.java:52)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main.execute(Main.java:272)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main.main(Main.java:98)
> Guessed home=/home/aep022/jakarta-tomcat-3.3.2
> 
> 
> 
> When I try to start my application, here is the log:
> 
> 
> 
> 2005-08-01 08:33:10 - Ctx(/acompdc) : Validating web.xml
> EmbededTomcat: Init time 16188
> 2005-08-01 08:33:14 - Ctx(/acompdc) : Exception in init  
> Error creating bean with name 'authDAO' defined in 
> ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/dataAccessContext-local.xml]: Can't resolve 
> reference to bean 'roleDAO' while setting property 'roleDAO'; 
> nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: 
> Error creating bean with name 'roleDAO' defined in 
> ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/dataAccessContext-local.xml]: Can't resolve 
> reference to bean 'sqlMapClient' while setting property 
> 'sqlMapClient'; nested exception is 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error creating bean with name 'sqlMapClient' defined in 
> ServletContext resource 
> [/WEB-INF/dataAccessContext-local.xml]: Initialization of 
> bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory: method 
> setIgnoringComments(Z)V not found -
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: 
> Error creating bean with name 'authDAO' defined in 
> ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/dataAccessContext-local.xml]: Can't resolve 
> reference to bean 'roleDAO' while setting property 'roleDAO'; 
> nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: 
> Error creating bean with name 'roleDAO' defined in 
> ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/dataAccessContext-local.xml]: Can't resolve 
> reference to bean 'sqlMapClient' while setting property 
> 'sqlMapClient'; nested exception is 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error creating bean with name 'sqlMapClient' defined in 
> ServletContext resource 
> [/WEB-INF/dataAccessContext-local.xml]: Initialization of 
> bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory: method 
> setIgnoringComments(Z)V not found
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: 
> Error creating bean with name 'roleDAO' defined in 
> ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/dataAccessContext-local.xml]: Can't resolve 
> reference to bean 'sqlMapClient' while setting property 
> 'sqlMapClient'; nested exception is 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error creating bean with name 'sqlMapClient' defined in 
> ServletContext resource 
> [/WEB-INF/dataAccessContext-local.xml]: Initialization of 
> bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory: method 
> setIgnoringComments(Z)V not found
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: 
> Error creating bean with name 'sqlMapClient' defined in 
> ServletContext resource 
> [/WEB-INF/dataAccessContext-local.xml]: Initialization of 
> bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory: method 
> setIgnoringComments(Z)V not found
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory:
> method setIgnoringComments(Z)V not found
>         at 
> com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletParser.createDocument(NodeletPars
> er.java:128)
>         at 
> com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletParser.parse(NodeletParser.java:50)
>         at 
> com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.builder.xml.SqlMapConfigParser.parse(
> SqlMapConfigParser.java:78)
>         at 
> com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMapClient
> (SqlMapClientBuilder.java:62)
>         at 
> org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientFactoryBean.afterPr
> opertiesSet(SqlMapClientFactoryBean.java:258)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapa
> bleBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFa
> ctory.java:962)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapa
> bleBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:354)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.
> getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:223)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.
> getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueR
> esolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:176)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueR
> esolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:105)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapa
> bleBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBean
> Factory.java:916)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapa
> bleBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
> .java:727)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapa
> bleBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:336)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.
> getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:223)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.
> getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueR
> esolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:176)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueR
> esolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:105)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapa
> bleBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBean
> Factory.java:916)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapa
> bleBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
> .java:727)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapa
> bleBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:336)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.
> getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:223)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.
> getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
>         at 
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanF
> actory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:277)
>         at 
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext
> .refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:312)
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWeb
> ApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationCo
> ntext.java:134)
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplica
> tionContext(ContextLoader.java:230)
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicati
> onContext(ContextLoader.java:156)
>         at 
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderServlet.init(Cont
> extLoaderServlet.java:81)
>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doInit(ServletHandler.
> java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.init(ServletHandler.ja
> va(Compiled
> Code))
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.facade.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(
> LoadOnStartupInterceptor.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.init(Context.java:542)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java:597)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.initContextManager(Emb
> ededTomcat.java:564)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.execute1(EmbededTomcat
> .java:703)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat$1.run(EmbededTomcat.java:687)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.Jdk12Support$PrivilegedProxy.run(Unknown
> Source)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.Jdk12Support.doPrivileged(Unknown
> Source)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.execute(EmbededTomcat.
> java:685)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.IntrospectionUtils.execute(Introspectio
> nUtils.java:87)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main.execute(Main.java:313)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main.main(Main.java:140)
> 
> 
> Thanks for any help!
> 
> Eduardo.
> 
> 
> 
> --
> Eduardo Fernandes Piva
> efpiva@gmail.com
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message