tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r232600 - /tomcat/watchdog/branches/tc3.3.x/WARNING.txt
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:00:04 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Bill Barker wrote:
>
>> As a historical note, this really should be the tc3.2.x branch.  This
>> particular watchdog has never worked well with any TC 3.3.x, since it
>> has a lot of bugs related to specific implementation details of TC
>> 3.2.x (and, the Watchdog committers mostly moved on to TC 4.0.x during
>> the Great Flame Wars, so it couldn't be fixed by TC 3.3.x committers :).
>

> Thanks for the clarification. I'll change it. That's once of the nice
> things about subversion - renames (files or directories) are easy and
> you keep the history.

Bill,

I have taken another look at the repository. There is a separate
tomcat_32 branch so I assumed that the old HEAD in CVS must have been
for 3.3.x (even if not much was done with it). Is this assumption
correct? If not, what is the correct interpretation?

As part of the migration to a TLP we will need to put together our own
version control and download pages (rather than use the Jakarta ones).
I plan to include an explanation of the SVN structure in the version
control page. I can include additional information such your note
above in this explanation.

Cheers,

mark