tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Tomcat Native binaries repository
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 07:37:02 GMT
Hi,

As you might know due to the US export laws we are unable
to deliver the binaries that include encryption software
on any of our servers. Many Apache projects are suffering
from that restriction, so we are not the only one :)

Since TomcatNative uses OpenSSL for SLL protocol, delivering
binaries would break such policy and probably make problems.

Thanks to the courtesy of HEAnet, http://www.heanet.ie
(Ireland's National Education and Research Network), and
especially Colm MacCárthaigh, we have established an
alternate download site:
http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/tomcat/

We have generic SSH username, and committers interested
in building binaries can send me their SSH key, so I can
send it to Colm.

Once again...
Many thanks to those guys!

Regards,