tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: patch: mod_jk load balance algorithm that accounts for current worker load
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:54:50 GMT

On Aug 6, 2005, at 3:48 AM, Chris Lamprecht wrote:

> We'd like to submit our patch to mod_jk.  We've added a new
> workers.properties lb.method option -- lb.method=B for "Busyness", and
> updated the jkstatus display page accordingly.  I wanted to get any
> feedback or suggestions from the mailing list before submitting the
> patch to bugzilla.  Thanks,

Please do so... There is also some overlap with Apache's
proxy load balancer as well, which I would want to fold
back in. For example, in Apache I added the bytraffic
method, which was then folded into mod_jk by Mladen.
So once "busyness" is added to mod_jk, I'll look on
adding it to the Apache tree.