tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From wing lee <jesusbles...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject Re: tag plugin
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:33:04 GMT
Thanks for all your help.

But I still have questions :-). I know that the body content of the tag is the runtime entity.
I think the value of some attributes is also runtime entity, if its value can be EL. The method
generateAttribute can generate the code in the generated x_jsp.java file which returns the
dynamic value of the attribute. So I can write such code to get the dynamic value in the x_jsp.java
file:

    //in jsp file
    <c:out value="${xxx}/">
    //in the tag plugin file
    ctxt.generateJavaSource("String s = (String)");
    ctxt.generateAttribute("value");
    ctxt.generateJavaSource(";");

The generated code is:

    String s = (String) (Object)
             org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.proprietaryEvaluate
             ("${xxx}", java.lang.Object.class, (PageContext)
             _jspx_page_context, null, false);

But if I write such code:(just for example)

    //the jsp file
    <c:out value="asd">${xxx}</c:out>
    //in the tag plugin file
    ctxt.generateJavaSource("String s = (String)");
    ctxt.generateBody();
    ctxt.generateJavaSource(";");

the generated code is:

    String s = (String) out.write((Object)
             org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.proprietaryEvaluate
             ("${xxx}", java.lang.Object.class, (PageContext)
             _jspx_page_context, null, false));

and this code's syntax is wrong.

I think that there should be a method to provide the functionality similar to the one of the
generateAttribute which doesn't output the "out.write" source code, so that I can use the
body content in the generated file x_jsp.java.

I am not so good at English so perhaps my expression is not very clear. Sorry about that.