tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kin-man Chung <Kin-Man.Ch...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: re:tag plugin
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:44:05 GMT
For practical purposes, I don't think you'll gain much using plugins
for <c:set> and <c:out>, since they are relatively simple, and the
overheads for invoking the corresponding tag handlers is relatively
minor.  You'll probably achieve most benefit if you can provide plugins
for them that only handle tags with no or empty bodies.

If you must, just for academic discussion, you can get to the body
content of a tag by generating codes to invoke pushBody() when you
enter the body, and popBody() when you leave.

- Kin-man

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 21:07, wing lee wrote:
> Thanks a lot at first :-)
>
> By now I think on two occasions the body content should be used. Firstly in the out tag,
because some special characters should be converted,  so if body content is output, the body
content should be filtered. Secondly in the set tag, if the body content is assigned to the
variable, the body content should be got at first.

> That's why I think there should be a method to get the body content.
>
> Now in the out tag, I just output the body content without filter. In the set tag, when
I have to use the body content, I invoke the method dontUseTagPlugin. I don't know whether
doing so is ok.