tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Brittain <jason.britt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New tag ?
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 00:44:08 GMT
On 7/23/05, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> I have been doing some quick tests and my totally unscientific,
> statistically invalid results are that cvs annotate seems to be about 7
> to 8 times faster than svn blame (50s compared with 7s) and cvs log
> seems to be about 2 to 3 times faster than svn log (16s compared to 7s).

I've heard the subversion developers remind people that there are at least a few
different network protocols for accessing svn.  In the http:// case,
it will be the
slowest.  IIRC they say using the svn:// protocol is the fastest.  It looks
as if the Apache svn installation does not support svn:// URLs.  The page that
shows the URLs doesn't mention it:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html#Subversion

And when I try to connect to the svn port (tcp 3690) I get a connection refused.
So, maybe the infrastructure people could set up a svnserve server as well as
serving these repositories through Apache httpd?

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch06s03.html

I use svn and I'm looking forward to having Tomcat hosted in it.

Remy: isn't "svn blame" what you're looking for?

--
Jason Brittain