tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] JK 1.2.14.1
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:15:01 GMT
At 11:08 AM 7/11/2005, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>JK 1.2.14 has been released.

Uhm, I've said several times before you took a stab at being
the RM, but no, it had not been released, it's just a tarball.
You must wait for 3 +1's and more +1's than -1's before calling
it released.  blogs, slashdot etc are known to prematurely
announce releases if the messages aren't worded correctly
on the dev lists, and this has caused headaches to the httpd
project on more than one occasion :)

Usually I'd pick the phrase "A release candidate is available
at ..., please test this tarball and vote".

>Please vote:
>
>[X] Stable -- good build
>[ ] Alpha -- something serious is wrong: what is it?

So... I'll vote :)  Nice work!  Regression tested against both
Apache 1.3 and 2.0 on Solaris 8, Linux 2.4 kernel and HPUX 11.

Bill